16th Annual Stockman's Auction
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Welcome to this select offering. Each year, we work to bring together items that represent a broad range of artistic disciplines. Collector pieces that include the Foundation's Limited Edition Print Series, The Great American Cowboy, are always popular among bidders.
Proceeds from the auction are used to help fund scholarship programs made available to students from the five-state region of North and South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska and who are seeking post-secondary education in agriculturally related career fields.
Advance bids on items listed below are also being taken. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at 605-347-2562 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at the auction!
Annual Stockmanís Auction ~ Scholarship Fundraiser
Ramkota Best Western, Rapid City, SD
*For more information and to place advance bids, please contact BHSS Foundation Director John Johnson at 605-347-5968 or Email: email@example.com
Once again the Black Hills Stock Show Foundation will present six scholarships during the Stockmanís Ball and Banquet to high school seniors across the state of South Dakota. We are proud to help these individuals with their dreams. The Ramkota Inn will host this event as three deserving individuals are honored by the community. The money raised during the auction held on Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 at the Stockmanís Banquet and Ball will help continue this program. We will auction off many beautiful and special donations that will grace any home or lodge. The discerning cowboy and cowgirl will find something to help them shine like a star!! This year the donations include:
1. Crossfire Silver will again donate a beautiful silver piece of jewelry for a beautiful lady. We always look forward to seeing these for the first time.
2. Sweetwater Saddlery will once again bring a handmade #205 breast collar. Full flower carved with a dyed background. Sterling Silver conchos in the center of each flower plus one large solid Sterling Silver concho in the center of the breast collar. Sam and Bruce will make this a commemorative 2009 BHSS breast collar. Sweetwater Saddlery has been donating to this auction for twelve years and we cannot begin to express our appreciation. They have made twelve students have the opportunity to go to college. What a gift! Look for a picture later.
3. Legends and Legacies from Spearfish, SD is a first time participant and we thank Janet Frame for helping us. This western buffalo clock has to be seen to be believed. ďTimeĒ to come to the Ball!
4. Connie Weishaar and Linda Gilbert teamed up to sew a quilt for your warmth in this cold winter! ďOur Heroes Have Always Been CowgirlsĒ will be good to snuggle with on a cold night.
5. Clark Brothers Construction are also first time donators and have sent over a great pair of leather chinks. Check them out and bring your checkbook.
6. Sutton Rodeos has again donated a signed shirt from all the contestants at the 2008 20X High School Rodeo. These shirts are only available to qualifiers at the 20X so you can be young again. Also included is the BHSS 2009 Landstromís Black Hills Gold pin.
7. Would you like to get a Tony Chytka bronze? Come to the ball and bid on this one. This year it is a bull rider.
8. Freeds Fine Furnishings will bring a wonderful piece of furniture for your comfort. Ka and Diane Albers have been so generous with their western items.
9. Want to own a piece of history? A Dallas Cowboy football helmet donated by Walt Garrison will help you achieve your goal. You wonít get another chance like this!
10. Flat Creek Saddle from Jackson, WY will donate a 2009 BHSS silver bit sure to look good on Ďol paintí! John Bauer is always so generous helping the Foundation and this will be a great item.
11. This bit is donated by Flat Creek Saddle and will be engraved to your specifications. If you win the bid, you can have anything put on it to make it your own.
12. K-Bar-J from Newell, SD is donating an unusual laptop bag handmade by Jack Gully. This bag will be made from crumpled buffalo shoulder hide and is one of a kind!
13. Crossfire Silver will again donate a 3-piece manís silver buckle set. We always look forward to seeing these for the first time.
14. Buffalo Robes have kept South Dakotans warm for hundreds of years. This is your opportunity to own a unique robe from Mill Iron Bison Company. Better grab it before the winter gets any colder!
15. Gray Ghost Bronze donated by Crazy Horse Monument.
16. Maynard Buckles is donating a silver & turquoise necklace from their vast selection of silver items. Ralph Maynard is a true gentleman to help with our program.
17. Ed Lawrence Spurs are coveted by every cowboy. You can see these at the ball.
18. Last but not least, the Great American Cowboy Series continues with "Bulls, Bells & Cowboy Up In A Blaze Of Glory." Mick Harrison chose to paint the Bull Riders this year. The original painting and the Number One signed print will be auctioned off for you the benefit of the BHSS Foundation Scholarship program. Please plan to see these two wonderful pieces of art and western history.
We will look for you at the banquet and ball. Please plan to join us for a sparkling night of youthful enthusiasm, shiny silver and artistic wonder. This is your opportunity to help continue our western heritage and encourage our youth to reach for the stars!!
* To place advance bids, please contact BHSSF Director and Auction Chairman John Johnson: 605-347-2562
We make it easy to become a part of helping kids, families and organizations.
Take a quick trip through our website, request more information regarding the Foundation, a copy of our most recent newsletter, or request an application to become a Stockmanís Club member.
There are so many ways to lend a helping hand. Join us, wonít you?